Sunday, February 14, 2010

For Dinner

A yummy easy stir fry for dinner, seeing that it's Chinese New Year as well as Valentine's Day. Orange Flavor Stir Fry Beef with Asparagus, Carrots, Celery and Cashews.

First thinly slice some beef (I used about a pound of eye of round that was on sale for about $2.30 a pound, a good price for beef with virtually no waste). I sprinkled it with some meat tenderizer and mixed up a marinade of soy sauce, some grand marnier (because I found some in back of the cabinet -- the recipe called for sherry, but I had none -- any kind of acid or alcohol would do I think), a bit of salt and some honey. I thinly sliced up about half a red onion, 3 carrots, 2 celery stalks and some asparagus, the first of the season in that it was under $2 a pound! I heated up some oil in my big fry pan, stir fried the onions and then thew in the meat and stir fried it. I removed all of that and then put in the veggies. Meanwhile I had a sauce of soy sauce, orange juice, honey, some chinese chili garlic sauce, and some cornstarch. When the veggies were stir fried I put the meat and all of its juices and marinade back in, along with the sauce, and cooked until it thickened. I added the cashews right before serving. With rice of course.

No comments: