Wednesday, August 24, 2011

award

It appears that I have received my very first blogger award from Ann at Moonbeams & Fireflies.  Of course this happened as my 5 yr old little white macbook was experiencing difficulties bringing to mind Alice in Wonderland -- it was having panic attacks because of Logic Wars happening on board the Mother Ship, or Motherboard I guess.  Anyway, now I have a new apple, which they call "silver", but I like to think of as the color of dewy spider webs in the autumn.  And the touchpad is very very very slippery.  But, with no further ado, here are the rules:

After accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, the blogger must:




1.  Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2.  Share seven things about yourself
3.  Pass this award along to 10 recently discovered blogs


So here goes:


1. Thank you, Ann (you have allowed me to stretch my computer skills of copy and cut and paste, as the slippery mousepad was causing things to end up in all kinds of strange places and this has been a good exercise to get familiar with the new 'pooter). See the link to her very beautiful blog above.


2.  Seven things about me:


1.  I actually don't like taking pictures or dealing with technology much, so I decided to blog to kind of "get with the program" so to speak.  A corollary:  I have personally taken more pictures of my plants than of my four children (I do have pictures of them, but mostly taken by other people).


2.  I watch the news every night and read the newspaper every morning and have since I was around 11 years old, as that is what my parents always did so I figured that's just what you do as a grown up.  I've since learned this is fairly unusual.


3.  I have an undergraduate degree in anthropology and a law degree.


4.  I've always liked digging in the dirt.  I thought that meant I should be an archaeologist, but in reality it meant I should be a gardener.


5.  I swore I wouldn't have another dog for at least a couple of years following our most recent dog's death (old age) in December, but yet one yr old little Trixie Lou Muttsley is now living with us.


6.  I have a habit of getting interested in something, buying and reading dozens of books about whatever obsession, and then not actually "doing" much.


7.  I have a hard time getting rid of branches and good sticks, because I have intentions of making structures and trellises and wands, but really just end up with a big stick pile.


3.  Now, passing on to 10 blogs (this feels a bit like a chain letter thing, or those "forward to 10 friends" emails that one is always getting, which I never ever ever participate in -- but this is an AWARD, so that makes it ok, right? -- and the recipients can CHOOSE whether to accept . . . and everyone likes folks to look at their blogs, because that IS the point, isn't it? --hiding under the covers and hitting "publish"--):


A Southern Belle Dishes on Decor
Debbie's Potager
Green Bean Chronicles
Love Sown
Marlee's Mississippi Mojo
Meadowsweet Cottage
My Garden of Herbs and Things
Prairie Cottage Rose
Rindy Mae
Art Mojo

No comments: