Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow and More Snow


Sheesh!  5 snow events in 5 weeks!  Here in the south no less.  I'm not taking more snow pictures because, well -- they would look just like the other snow pictures.  After the pictures in the last post were taken, and we had a day or 2 where it got up to the low 50's, the ice in the pond melted and there were a few fishies still swimming around.  It snowed again yesterday, 1.6 inches, but the temps stayed in the low 30's upper 20's so the pond didn't freeze up.  Tomorrow -- another snow storm expected, this time with 3+ inches and the temps are supposed to go down to the mid teens and not get above freezing until Friday.  Honestly, I've lived here my whole life and I don't remember having this many snow events in one winter (except one year in the late 1970's when I was in college and it snowed every Wednesday from December to February -- but we probably only had any accumulation once!  We usually have one or 2 times when it snows in the winter, but usually only once with any accumulation, which is usually only a dusting or half an inch or so, with occasional 4 inchers.  At least we haven't had any ice storms so far.

The good news, though, is that one of my chickens has started laying again (yay -- homegrown eggs again), and I'll be looking at blooming daffodils (hopefully not blooming through the snow) in my yard in 2 or 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see what you mean...just a bunch of snow pics. can probably overwhelm you..lol....hope you enjoyed it though...Thanks for popping in leaving the sweet comment. I appericiate it...Now here's looking to Spring! The flowers are blooming..I see you too and so glad your chickens are delivering. Have a wonderful weekend ahead...hugs,Mica/The Child's paper