Tuesday, December 4, 2012

yummy Mango Sauce

This was so easy and really elevated tonight's dinner of leftovers and throw-togethers.

Mango Sauce:  puree half a mango with 1/4 cup lime juice (I actually used some lime juice, orange juice, and pineapple juice totaling 1/4 cup because I had smidgins of each in the fridge), a little over 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a jalapeño pepper if you want some kick (without seeds and rib if you don't want so much of a kick).  I whizzed all of this in my food processor.


Here you see it drizzled on some sliced up leftover chicken on a bed of leftover rice cooked with pine nuts and dried blueberries; a stir fry of broccoli, pak choy, and collards all from the garden; mashed leftover sweet potatoes from the garden; and chunked up avocado (39 cents each at Aldi's this past week!).  My my it was good -- it gave a tropical lift to the dinner.

1 comment:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Yum! I've never made a mango sauce - mango salsa but not sauce. Sounds so good!