Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 Calendar Challenge Finale!

December all finished!  (if you ignore the blank squares when I forgot the calendar existed)


Just one more loose end from 2012 to clean up:  Completing Kate Crane's 366 Calendar Challenge for 2012!

Back in January I decided to participate in the 366 Calendar Challenge, where one creates a calendar spread for each month, and then each day writes or doodles something evocative of the day -- a kind of combo journal and art journal endeavor -- resulting in the end an artistic recording of the year.

I seldom had a month ready to go right at the first, but I usually had each month ready within a week of the first.  And my journaling endeavors confirmed what I already knew -- May, June, and December tend to disintegrate into busy days running together, punctuated by stupified fogs that I wake from periodically, leaving days of blank squares when I completely forgot the calendar even existed.  Looking back I also see that I wrote "Aack!" on a lot of dates.  

But that's all ok.  Just part of life.

I tried out lots of different arrangements and techniques with the different months -- cut and glue, doodling, duct tape, stamps, water color pencils, paint, etc.

Below is the completed calendar:
January

February

March

April

May

June

July
August
September

October

November

December

No comments: