Thursday, October 13, 2011

M.I.A.




Autumn is finally beginning to blow into our part of the world (yes, I know this picture was from early September, but it is more characteristic of October -- and today).  I chose these curtains for our dining room specifically for the way they billow when the windows are open and the wind blows in from the east.

I have been really busy the past few weeks and have not managed to take pics or really post.  Busy taking 18 yr old on college visits.  Busy haranguing her into completing college and scholarship applications (why  does a Nov 1 deadline mean "you only have x weeks to get this done in!!!" to me, but means "I have a whole x weeks to get this done, so relax" to her?"  She is so mellow.  And I am so . . . not.

I've also been working to set up a 5 part Shakespeare workshop with the Tennessee Shakespeare Company, located here, for our group of homeschool teens.  The tricky part is finding a venue/locale for this.  We thought we had it all situated but the church which agreed to host it is unavailable for 2 of our sessions.  And as we are a secular, inclusive homeschool group -- hosting churches (at no charge) are hard to come by here in the Bible belt.  In all fairness, many churches already piggyback various classes, schools, pre-schools, events, etc in their spaces.  We found a library locale for one of the sessions, but the libraries here do not allow more than one reservation of space a month per group -- which I can understand, as the libraries are one of the few public spaces available for groups.

And, I have our usual homeschool planning and facilitating for both the 18 and 14 year olds.

And dealing with the garden.  And Trixie Lou-dini, who keeps escaping from the back yard.

Remember

                             to

                                                   breathe

No comments: