Friday, April 13, 2012

Shrimp and Broccoli Quesadilla



Finally getting around to sharing this.  Ever made a lunch that was so good you wanted to cry when it was gone?  This was one of those.  Usually when I have that kind of meal I am so anxious to get to eating, I don't think about taking a picture until I'm 3/4 done, and that does not make a very esthetic picture.  Even here -- you see I had the fork in my hand, ready to take a bite, and then I thought "Wait!!  Let me take a picture!  Because this is going to be so good I need to share it!"  And I did, and it was, and now I am.

It was so simple -- a bag of frozen precooked shrimp, some steamed broccoli, some caramelized onions (from that big batch I did), and then -- the thing that totally elevated the dish to a sublime level -- Mango Cheese from Costco (this is a block of cheese with pieces of mango fruit in it -- sooooo good!).  Some guacamole on top, along with some of my homemade green tomato chutney.  It was unbelievable.  I'm crying right now because I don't have anymore.

linking to Masterpiece MondayShow off Your Cottage MondayHomestead Barn Hop

No comments: